While is fun to make fancy and not-so-basic things, basics are what I wear the most (pretty much on a daily basis lately!). I needed some basic tops to wear around the house.
These are my favorite tried and true patterns that I keep coming back to for basics. They are all fairly quick and simple to sew, which makes them very rewarding. I like to batch cut a few and them spend a day sewing them all up.
- Knoxville Tee: I love a knotted tee! There are a lot of options for this pattern and I think the knot adds nice detail to an otherwise basic shirt.
- Sweet Tee: With dolman sleeves, this is such a quick make!
- Laundry Day Tee: This swing style shirt is a comfortable and flattering style. I also like making in dress length. You can get the pattern free when you join the Love Notions Facebook group.
- Boho Babydoll: Love, love, love this pattern. I’ve made several shirts and dresses from it!
- Favorite Tee: I love the split hem option on this.
There are so many more basic shirt patterns that I haven’t tried yet. I want to try the free Green Tee from Greenstyle Creations as my next basic top.