About 9 or 10 months ago I wrote a post about storage solutions for small spaces. My sewing space at the time was shoved into a small corner behind the sofa in the living room. We have since moved into a new house and I have a sewing room all to myself! It’s a dream come true! I’m finally able to have more desk space and can store all my supplies in one space instead of wherever I could fit them at our old house.
I’ve been doing some research on what would work best in my new space and thought I would share it with you!
I was planning on getting a lot of things from IKEA but will have wait until it opens again, which may be awhile in Northern Virginia.
- Linnmon/Alex desk: I already have one set of drawers and I love it! It holds a lot more than you’d expect. I also have a smaller Linnmon table, and while it does shake when using my serger, it’s a good table overall.
- 12 Cube Organizer: This is an 11″ one from Target. I wanted 13″ cubes for more storage but found the bins to be more expensive than the furniture itself! I find this to be the easiest way to store and access my fabric.
- Fabric Storage Bins: I love these bins! I already had a set of navy ones before we moved and ordered more to fill out the 12 cube unit. I love the metal handles are they are so affordable!
- Pink Swivel Chair: How cute is this? At $450 it’s way out of my budget but I still love it!
- Faux Greenery: I love plants but can’t manage to keep them alive. There’s a lot of white in my space and this eucalyptus plant and potted succulents will add a much needed pop of color.
- Floral Fabric: I’m thinking of making some sewing machine covers for my machines in this beautiful fabric. My covers are currently grey and don’t fit very well. I thought covers would be a great way to add more color. Hawthorne Fabric has the most beautiful fabrics!
- Cutting Table: I can’t seem to find a table I want but this is close. I like the storage under and how there is room for your legs to sit on a stool while working. However, it’s just not big enough.
*Amazon links are affiliate link*