Are you stuck at home with the kids? Virginia has closed schools for the rest of the school year and I’ve taken the jump into homeschooling them for the last few months. My oldest has shown interest in learning to sew so I decided to put together a list of simple projects that are great for kids learning to sew. There are some practice worksheets to trace with the sewing machine!
- Teaching Kids to Sew: This 5 part series from Make It & Love It is a great reference on introducing kids to sewing.
- Sewing Practice Sheets
- More Sewing Practice Sheets: These are so cute!
- Hanging Rainbow Cloud
- Felt Bunny Softie: Hand sewing project
- Learn to Sew: This free online course from Melly Sews is great for both kids and adults!
- Friendship Bracelet Tutorial
- Basic Pocket Tote
- 1 Yard Magic Messenger Bag
- Scrunchies: can be made with or without bunny ears
- Easy Kid’s Belt: kids will love these!
- 15 Minute Zipper Pouch: Great for learning to install a zipper
- Doll Dress: Simple dress for 18″/American Girl dolls
- Reusable Snack Bag
- Lip Balm Key Chain: Best for kids with a little more experience on a sewing machine but still easy.
- Dog Bandana: Snaps are needed for this pattern
- Trick or Treat Bag: Great simple tote
These are great projects to get the kids started and interested in learning more about sewing!