Here’s your gift guide to all things sewing! Pass this list along to your friends and family who aren’t quite sure what to get someone who loves to sew! This gift guide includes gifts for ALL budgets, so there is something for everyone.
Please note, this post contains some affiliate links.
- Needles: Needles are always needed! A universal, ballpoint, and topstitching set should cover most types of sewing! Schmetz is my favorite brand and fits almost all sewing machines.
- Fancy Iron: Having a good quality iron is important to flatten seams and make professional looking projects. Quilters and garment makers alike love this iron from Oliso!
- Wool Ironing Mat: Wool mats are great for getting a really good press in seams!
- Rotary Cutter and Replacement Blades: The rotary cutter is probably my most loved sewing tool as it makes cutting a breeze!
- Sewing Supplies Tote: Do you take sewing classes or travel often with your sewing machine? This tote will hold all of the sewing accessories you need and will keep things organized with lots of pockets.
- Sewing Machine Tote: If you also need a bag for traveling with your machine, this is it! It will fit most standard size machines and includes a few pockets for basic supplies.
- Bobbin Organizer: My thread drawer is a mess and my bobbins are a tangles mess. A bobbin organizer like this would really help keep things tidy.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4: I have a Cameo 3 and I love cutting heat transfer vinyl for shirts and all sorts of crafts! The Cricut Maker can also cut fabric but you are limited to the size of the machine and to the patterns available in the Cricut shop. It’s still an awesome feature for making smaller projects–cutting is my least favorite part.
- Heat Press: This is great gift to go along with a cutting machine. This 15×15″ table top heat press is great but the Cricut Easy Press 2 is great for smaller spaces. This 9×9″ size will work for most projects.
- Sewciety Subscription: This was on my Christmas list last year and my husband gifted me a 3 month-subscription. I loved it so much I became an affilate! Eah monthly box has everything to need to make a garment as well as a smaller project.
- Wash Away Hem Tape: I use this tape with almost every project. It keeps the fabric from moving while you sew for a nice clean hem!
- Sewing Storage Table: If your looking to finally move your machine off the kitchen table, this is a great solution! It folds up to storage your machine machine and a few accessories. I’ve mentioned it before on my post about storage solutions for small spaces.
- Sewing Storage Cabinet: If you’ve had your eye on a DreamBox but don’t want to spend $2000+ , or if you need something smaller, check out this storage cabinet! Lots of shelves and space for organizing all your fabric and craft supplies.
- Sewing Books: Always a welcome gift! For beginning sewists, I recommend The Colette Sewing Handbook, Love at First Stitch, The Colette Guide to Sewing Knits, and Stretch!. For more experienced sewists who like unique styles, Breaking the Pattern is a great book and includes PDF downloads of all the patterns on their website.
- Framed Art Print: This cute print is a great way to decorate your sewing space! Note: the frame is not included.
- Desk Lamp: My sewing table is in a dimly lit space and I can’t work without my desk lamp! I have the OttLite version but this lamp is very similar for less than half the price!
- Sewing Wine Glass or Coffee Mug: For sewing fuel 😉