While my kids have let me off the hook this year from sewing Halloween costumes, that doesn’t mean I haven’t already started a list of possible patterns for next year ;).
If you’re looking for a truly unique and stunning costume for your child, check out these patterns below! With all sorts of animals and fairy tale costumes, you are sure to find one that will make your kids smile.
Sew a Little Seam Patterns: These patterns are the most versatile costume patterns I have found. They have so many options the possibilities are endless!
- Once Upon A Pattern: Whether it’s a princess, fairy, mermaid, or superhero costume you’re wanting to sew, this pattern has the options for all of them!
- Imagine Pattern: This pattern compliments the Once Upon a Pattern with wings, cape, petticoat, hats, gloves, and boot covers.
- Master of Disguise and Imagine Patterns: This is the boys version of the Once Upon a Pattern. With these two patterns you can create many costumes such as superheros (with muscles!), knights, and pirates.
Twig and Tale Patterns: For more simple costumes, this pattern company has the cutest animal hoods, vests, and scarfs. Their wing patterns, while not as simple at the others, are STUNNING.
- Evergreen Bonnet: Cute and bonnet with animal ears, great for those who live where it’s cold on Halloween.
- Animal Vest: Includes 14 different animal options! There is even a free dragon add on.
- Animal Coat: Includes 15 animal options.
- Animal Cape: This animal cape pattern is a simpler option to the Animal Coat.
- Animal Hooded Scarf: Great costume pattern for a beginner! Also includes 7 tail patterns.
- Wing Patterns: The Sprite, Dragon, and Luna wings are recommended for intermediate sewers but the results are so beautiful!
Rebecca Page: Seriously cute animal capes!
- Capetastic: Includes 30 modification suggestions!
- Spooktastic: Includes a witch style hat and spider web cape.
- Unicorn Cape: Because who doesn’t like unicorns?!
- Felt Super Pack: Include patterns for a felt wand, wings, animal masks, crown and flowers
Violette Fields: If you’re looking for a truly glamorous princess or fairy dress, these are the patterns for you!
- Blithe Maxi Add On: This add on to the their Blithe dress makes a stunning princess style dress.
- Violette: This dress contains a very full tulle skirt, perfect for a ballerina or fairy.
- Seraphina: Another great option for a princess dress.
CKC Patterns: In addition to the patterns listed below, they also have a great selection of several Disney princess dresses.