I hope to one day have a room dedicated to my sewing, but for now I share the corner of my living room, tucked behind the sofa, inbetween our kids’ toys. Storage space is at a premium so I wanted to share my favorite storage items for small spaces.
I currently store all my patterns under my sofa, which is the only available space I have. Check out my post on pattern storage for more ideas.
Here are some great storage solutions for small sewing spaces:
- Peg board: Great for holding smaller items from scissors, rotary cutters, thread, and rulers. You can also get shelves and bins to hang on them to hold additional odd’s and ends. Ikea has great peg boards and accessories but you can also find them on Amazon.
- Rolling storage cart: Many stores have their own version of this! Ikea, Michael’s, Target, and even Amazon. The one pictured above from Amazon even has a pegboard on one side!
- Thread organizer: If you don’t have room on your pegboard for your thread, the wall organizer holds 60! Another option is to use a thread case for storage.
- Supplies Organizer: Organizers withe small drawers are great for holding snaps, bobbins, measuring tapes, pins, and clips.
- Cube storage: This is what I use for my fabric storage! Just about every major store sells some type of cube storage. You can store the fabric directly on the selves for easy access, or use cube bins for a cleaner look. I have a 6 cube one under my sewing desk to store my fabric. I prefer the 11″ Threshold brand cubes from Target and I’ve found the best selection of fabric bins on Amazon.
- Foldable Table: These are great way to help get your machine off the dining room table (I’ve been there!). The tables come in a few different lengths, just make sure you have enough room to open it to get your machine!
*Contains affilate links