It seems to me that while growing up if anyone received a handmade gift it was always a pot holder. I’m not sure why, maybe because they are simple? Anyway, in case you are in need of some ideas for gifts to sew for family and friends, I present to you: Gifts to Sew for Christmas………….besides potholders! Here’s my list of easy and (mostly) free patterns.
And, by all means, if you know a person who will love a pot holder then sew away!
- Robe– Free patterns for sizes 18m-8. This a great project for beginners- my daughter’s robe was one of the first PDF patterns I ever made!
- Blankets- Quick and easy to sew
- 18″ Doll Clothes- a quick Google search for this will give you TONS of free patterns. I know Made for Mermaids and Pixie Faire have quite a few free doll patterns.
- Ear Warmers– comes in sizes for the whole family!
- Pajamas– My favorite pajama pattern! I even used to make my kids Halloween costumes.
- Apron- See Kate Sew has this really cute ruffle apron when you sign up for her mailing list.
- Super hero cape– I am making one for my son because he is always using his sister’s!
- Neck Warmer– this pattern has sizes for every age!
- Cardigans– a great gift when you don’t know someone’s exact measurements but can take a general guess. I made this cocoon cardigan for my friends last year!
- Coffee Cozy- love these! Click here and here for two different styles.
- Small Purse– I have my eye on this pattern to make for my friends!
- Christmas stocking– fill it with candy for teachers or friends!